Did you know that even if you only spend one hour a day on your social media but don’t have a plan you are wasting your time?
It is so easy to drift from Facebook to Pinterest, from Pinterest to Twitter and before you know the time you allocated to spend on promoting your business has been used up and you feel like you have achieved nothing (I know, I’ve been there!)
Below are 5 tips I believe will help you increase your performance immediately:
- Plan around objectives. Ask yourself: What is my end of year objective and how am I going to break this down to half yearly, quarterly, monthly and weekly?
- Identify your audience – Which social media platform will your customers use the most? Twitter? Pinterest? Linkedin? (80% of Pinterest users are women. Source Digital Marketing Ramblings. January 2014)
- Build Relationships – As we have mentioned in previous blogs, social media is NOT all about self-promotion. Build relationships online, let potential customers see that there is a personality behind the brand. A great quote I once heard is “The success of anything is built on trust”
- Measure your performance – Track the amount of time you are spending on social media and measure this against your return on investment
- Use online tools such as KLOUT which identify which areas are working for you and the strength of your online presence.
There are many platforms available which create reports to help you measure your performance and enable you to identify which posts, tweets etc are working well.
At BeeSocialSmart we offer a range of services from helping you get started with social media and provide consultancy too. We love to work with our clients and help them identify areas which they may not have thought of to take them up to the next level. If you need help then buzz over to us and let’s talk. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to you the customer.
We also run beginner and intermediate workshops. For a one off cost you will learn how to use the latest social media tools available and some secret techniques we can share to help you on your way.
For more information or to keep up to date with hints and tips, check us out on one of our social media platforms.
Do you use social media? What techniques work for you? Please let us know by leaving your comments in the box below.